#10 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
We’ve made it; we’re in the Top 10 of the Worst Christmas Songs…Ever. What does this mean? Well, for kids all over the world, we’re getting oh soo close for that Jolly Ol’ Elf to make his next appearance. And for you, the songs on this list will continue to get worse. Happy Holidays!
Well, this is a great way to start to the top ten. Since 1979 this is one of the most overplayed Christmas tunes ever. People will say that is the exact reason this in on the list. Not so fast. The phrase “Simply having a Wonderful Christmastime” is said 12 times (I counted) in a way as if it was being drilled into your brain. Another reason might be the main riff. It sounds like a squirrel got lose in the studio and started randomly jumping up and down on the synthesizer. And enough with the ding dong dings already! Also, you know when a song is truly bad when the cover versions are awful too. Here’s an example, another one, and another one.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver
10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney