#9 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
This is my favorite time of the year and I’ve taken great pleasure in spending (or some say wasting) company time counting down the 25 Worst Christmas Songs…Ever. By all means, this is not me being a Scrooge. I’m crazy about the Holidays! (But not “crazy” enough to wear a Mistletoe Belt Buckle to the office Xmas party) Anyway, as we get closer to the Jolly Ol’ Elf’s next appearance, the songs on this list will continue to get worse and worse. Happy Holidays!
Yes, we know Clarence was good this year and he might get a new saxophone already! Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band are definitely one of the top 20 bands in rock history, but I am soo tired of hearing this song. I might be alone on this one, but I have my reasons. When I was a kid I listened to Rock Radio, and every Christmas I’d hear them overplay this song. Can you blame them? All they have to choose from is Petty’s Christmas All Over again or Lonesome George’s Rock N Roll Christmas. So, every year this song gets harder to stomach around the Holidays. Though I love Clarence’s Saxophone playing, backing vocals and Ho Ho Ho’s, I am tired of hear Bruce’s singing. (Does any one get tired of hearing Jackson 5’s or Fred Astaire’s version?)
Here's the original version (I couldn't find it n YouTube)
It also might have put it over the top when the Boss played this as a ‘request’ at Bonnaroo 2009. Ugh! Make it stop.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver
10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
09. Santa Claus is coming to town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band