#3 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
This is my favorite time of the year and I’ve taken great pleasure in spending (or some say wasting) company time counting down the 25 Worst Christmas Songs…Ever. By all means, this is not me being a Scrooge. I’m crazy about the Holidays! (But not “crazy” enough to wear a Mistletoe Belt Buckle to the office Xmas party) Anyway, as we get closer to the Jolly Ol’ Elf’s next appearance, the songs on this list will continue to get worse and worse. Happy Holidays!
Now, I might get in a little trouble for putting this one on the list…but I’m cool with that. The Christmas Shoes is a very VERY sad story of a child trying to buy a pair of shoes for his dying mom at Christmas. I know, Heavy huh? When you first hear the song, you can sonically pick up that it’s going to be a total downer. Then about 2/3rds of the way through the song, the children choir kicks in and takes it over the completely depressing top. This is one of those songs that after you hear it the first time you immediately call your Mom & tell her you Love her. After that, there’s no way you can change the channel faster.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver
10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
09. Santa Claus is coming to town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
08. Baby, its cold outside - Barry Manilow & K.T. Oslen
07. Christmas Conga - Cyndi Lauper
06. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevey
05. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid
04. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy
03. The Christmas Shoes - Newsong