#11 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
If you haven’t noticed yet, JACK-fm doesn’t play any Holiday tunes. Why? Are we a bunch of Scrooges? Are we a bunch of Grinch’s? Nah, we know Christmas music is everywhere you go now. You almost can’t escape it. So, as we get closer to the Santa’s Big Day, I’ll countdown the songs that put more of a Bah-Humbug in the Holidays.
Ugh! This song is Awful! The late John Denver was an incredible song writer, but this isn’t one of his best. (Its almost as if Debbie Downer wrote this one) A friend even suggested to put this depressing song into your “Christmas Rotation” to ward off unwanted party guests. The tune is written from the perspective of an 8 year old boy, who doesn’t want to see his mom cry when daddy comes home drunk. Instead of a serious nature, it turns comical with Daddy falling under the Christmas Tree & Hollering Merry Christmas. Look, I know alcoholism isn’t funny, but this song isn’t and will never be the poster child for it. If you know someone who needs help, give these folks a call.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver